Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tristan Sleeping? Maybe....maybe not

Jonathan and I have come off about a month of very little sleep. For a long while Tristan was still going down 6-6:30 at night but then getting up for GOOD around 3-4:30am. I adjusted. I started to go to bed by 8 or so and felt with at least 6 hours of sleep I was ok. THEN a few weeks ago he decided that he was going to get up every few hours each night. This started happening with him standing up in the crib, but then afraid to get him self down so we had to come in and put him back on his stomach and re-insert the plug. We adjusted again. It was okay because Tristan would immediately fall back asleep. Well about a week and half ago, these every 2-3 hour wake ups didnt result with immediate sleep. This began our demise. HOWEVER thankfully that seems to have passed and now, Tristan is back to his once a night wakings at around 4-5am. We are determined however to regain some control over our house and sleeping bygone it! So today we decided that we would let Tristan cry it out and no matter what, we werent going in the room.(we did peek through the crack in the door and got a good chuckle when he was trying to hold his blanket and comfort himself. I saw him slowly get to the sitting position and put his head in his lap still hysterical and thats when I stopped looking...) Well upon hearing quiet after a LONG time of CRYING and SCREAMING...I went into Tristans room and found him asleep. Sitting up- or shall I say - half sitting. I felt bad and put him on his stomach and had to post the photos...Priceless I say.

3 comments:

Katie said...

hahaha I still can't get over this. Hilarious!

Daisy Paige said...

Poor kid. Grayson hasn't slept through the night for at least five months, so I can totally empathize with you.

bechtold clan said...

Really?! 5 months! Seems like they should be by now! Guess Im feeling a bit better- im not alone!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett