Friday, November 21, 2008

Our new Elliptical!!!


Emily(see blog roll) made a very nice comment about me seemingly being in shape so quickly after having Tristan...(so kind- thanks Emily!) But in all reality there wasnt any secret to my loosing the weight. Im not blessed like my friend Sarah who magically has the flattest stomach imaginable even after 4 kids- shes just genetically blessed. I on the other hand have to WORK for it. (I have to admit the whole baby #4 scares me as really it gets harder to loose the weight with each kid...but honey Ill do it- I want to ---really I do!! )
As anyone with a newborn will know, sleep is a commodity, and with a colicky child, almost non-existent, but I was determined to get my workouts in no matter what. Well honestly with having a spring baby, I had almost 6 months of time where once I put the kids down at night I would be able to go for a run. And in order to get in shape, one has to put in a workout 4-5 times a week minimum. So thats what I did. I lost the weight not because I am lucky, but I put in the time. Now my tummy still needs some help, but I am able to fit into my pre-prego clothes and I am happy about that.
Jonathan and I both have a gym membership which, with the exception of an occasional kickboxing class, neither one of us use it(so we canceled it). I hate that the kids are in daycare during the day, and it feels incredibly selfish to then take them to the gym daycare at night(which I wont do) so as the nights were getting shorter, I wasnt able to get a run in before it was getting dark. Jonathan and I started to discuss getting something we could use at home. I love to run- Jonathan not so much. He prefers the Elliptical. So because I am the wonderful wife I am, I compromised(haha) and we decided to splurge on this great machine. (happy birthday-Merry Christmas!) After doing many hours of research, some in store testing, and internet searching - we found an AMAZING steal on one. eBay my friends!! Gotta love it! So now instead of not working out-- I just head to the basement and do a quick 30 minute workout. While its not as satisfying as my outside run, it will keep me from gaining back all my weight this winter! Yea!!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett