Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh the Torture

3 migraines, 3 days, one ER visit. Such fun. It started on Sunday- took some meds and was fine by the middle of the night. I went to work fully expecting to be able to work through the day but somewhere around lunch time my head started to hurt and I thought that it might just be a normal headache. I drank some caffeine, and tried to get out of my office some. Well I left a bit early that day, drove to get Tristan, and by then it was getting worse. I took my medication at the daycare and proceeded to get Elijiah. By the time I was about 2 miles from home I was throwing up, having to stop the car several times to do so, and Elijiah was very worried. He even offered to get out of the car and walk home to get Jonathan for me. Such a sweet child however I declined his offer. Soon as I got home I was down for the count. I tried to get my medication in me a second time but continued to be sick so nothing would stay down. After several hours unknown to me, Jonathan called his mom to stay with the boys and he took me to the Emergency Room. Thankful for modern medicine--- by 10:30 that night I was feeling human again. I took a sick day yesterday and thought I would just rest up since I was feeling pretty crappy, but I either wasnt done, or I had a rebound, but another Migraine was in store for the evening. Thankfully my medication stayed down and I am pain free this am. I have to once again thank Cindy for coming to our aid. She has been our lifesaver in times of need and I dont know what I would do without her. The boys adore her and its so nice to know she was willing to spend the night, take the late night wakings with Tristan so I could get some sleep. Also a huge thank you to my devoted husband. I have never had someone take such good care of me before and to know he is my rock, and partner in all things, I am so grateful. Love you honey.

1 comment:

garian said...

Amber, you poor thing! I've never known anyone who gets migrains like you do. It must be horrible! I wonder what causes them? I know I get headaches after running or working out. Is that what's happening with you?

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett