Thanks to bakerella.com I was inspired this year to do a little holiday baking and wanted to try out the Mini-cupcakes (but with a Christmas color sceme). So about a month ago I went to various grocery stores and see if I could collect the neccessary items for Cupcake Pops. Well I was out of luck by the 3rd store, and I was frustrated. I went back to Bakerellas site and went to her store to find out where I could buy the items online. Well after some research I realized that while the items themselves werent very expensive, by the time I got the them shipped it would be about 50$!!!( Sorry Jonathan - didnt mention that part) I would routinely put them back, at the last minute thinking it was much too expensive and be bummed. However realizing that I had lots of people on my gift list this year( 5 day care workers, Elijiahs kindergarten teachers - some co-workers) I decided it would be cost effective to do the baking even with the shipping. I was SOOOO excited to try it out. They turned out GREAT and I loved them!! I thought they were the cutest things EVER and I hope those that recieved them, will enjoy them.
___________________________________________________________
(Beforewarned - the process of creating these is a long one. Because I dont have a freezer large enough to store during the baking process- and due to that I had to refridgerate overnight and the total time from start to finish was about 6 hours of intensive labor. I think if I were to do it again, I could shave some time off of that, but I didnt know what I was doing so it took longer. ALSO im not sure I would do the cupcake thing again( super cute but the shapes was what took so long) I think I would settle with just cake balls and it would take just an hour or two. Anyway- here are the pictures of my masterpieces!!!( The recipie btw makes about 50)
2 comments:
Hey, cute cupcakes! Good for you - that takes a ton of time!!! So, yes, I'm lame, and I seem to only blog once every couple of months. Actually, I was having a semi-good day since my 2 1/2 month long migraine started- I'm sure you understand. I don't know how you do this whole migraine thing. I'm pooped. Anyhow, cute recital pictures too - I love the tongue! Take care!!! Brooke
I LOVED THEM!! :) Thanks again!
Post a Comment