I know in my church my tithing money goes to many causes…but my personal call is to help children, I get impassioned about all things children….and so I will do something extra, something MORE. There are many in this country that need help and Im grateful to do what I can here(in the US) as well….however I am so blessed….I can give a little back. And so while my contribution may not save every child, It will make a difference to one. And if I can save just one child….
Jonathan sometimes wonders why I have such a draw to African children. I honestly don’t know. I do know that continent is so broken, has so many needs, is overlooked by so many countries, help is given but on a limited scale. So much COULD be done and isn’t.
So during this time of year of giving, of offering hope of doing good…what is it that calls you to action?

4 comments:
There are many ways we can help. Kudos to you for being inspired to search it out. Our family contributed by helping a little girl at the Progress House in Camino. Her mom is escaping an abusive situation and recovering from addiction. Some of the kids there have never had a Christmas, or even seen a stocking. We bought the little girl's Christmas presents. I wanted to do something local.
I'm sure the contributions you make will help greatly, even keep a toddler from starving.
ok Amber so I am trying to make my blog into a book at blurb.com but it says it can only do blogs from live journal and typepad so how did you do it?
wendy- posted to your blog..
garian- yes we do stuff locally too...its always nice to give to those in need. for some reason tho that picture stayed in my mind and I kept thinking about it. Africa is close to my heart for some reason and its somewhere ive decided to dedicate some funds toward. but its true there is people in need everywhere. I hope you guys have a great christmas....loved your card by the way!
I read an article the other day about how the African government has issued 10 BILLION currency bills that are worth less than $10 US dollars.
I oft times wonder if it would be better for us to devote our charitable offerings to places like Africa where a few dollars literally saves lives.
Not to say that there aren't a lot of folks in the US that could use some help but should we provide toothpaste and toilet paper to those less fortunate in the US or a few pounds of food for a toddler in Africa, or India that will DIE in days without sustenance...? Aren't these heart-breaking questions?
In the end, giving to those less fortunate is a wonderful thing no matter where the funds go.
Post a Comment