Thursday, December 18, 2008

sick sick baby

croup + baby = very exhausted parents

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I am SO SORRY! Croup is the worst thing for ever! Dallin got croup while Hannah and I both had terrible colds and David was gone! I thought I was going to die. Literally.

This is going to sound crazy, but the best thing for croup is COLD AIR. I thought my dr. was insane when she told me the best thing for Dallin was to take him on a walk so he could breath in the cold air. I bundled him up, wore him in the snuggli and took him on an hour walk.

The croup was gone the next day. I couldn't believe it. The coughing symptoms are supposed to last up to 10 days, but that terrible barking cough was gone the next day.

My husband tried to explain the reason why cold air fixes croup, but when he started using medical terminology my mind wandered. . . basically, the cold air opens the airway which is constricted by croup which makes the barking cough.

Hope this helps! Go for a walk in the snowstorm! :)

bechtold clan said...

Ill do that today afterwork! Thanks so much!
Yes I was up the first night with him ALL night. Last night up and down a bunch but got in a couple of hours of sleep. I hated leaving him today, he was crying for a long time even tho grandma came to stay with him so I could go to work. Thanks Emily for the comment- hopefully he will start to feel better soon!( cant believe Dallin had the same thing and David wasnt around...no wonder you said you were so exhausted!!!!)

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett