Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tristan- 8 months and counting

Tristan-8 month in review:( this post is about a week or so late...but whos counting?)
Up till last night- still waking up at least once to eat. However this is soooo much better and I have actually adjusted fairly well by going to bed by 8 each night. Sure puts a damper on activities, but my mental sanity is worth it.
Loves his Jumperoo, and walking along all the furniture. He is a fast crawler and loves to be anywhere Mommy is. He still hasn’t cut any additional teeth, but is constantly fussy and we see his two top teeth ready to emerge any second.
Over the last few weeks he has developed an empty pit as far as food goes. Eats every two hours and devours his food. We definitely noticed a growth spurt, but since I don’t own a scale or measuring tape I have no idea how much has grown. I will say this however: my once slim and tall baby is filling out quite nicely. Hes become incredibly chunky and rolly polly and I love kissing his thighs! He no longer is fitting into his 12 month clothes and is now in 18 month sizes.
Loves all food except his green beans still, and is getting his share of “grown up food” along with his baby food. He is doing very well feeding himself(ie cheerios, cut up bananas, cooked carrots, etc) and actually prefers this to you feeding him. Speaking of feeding realized that with Tristan having a bib on him is actually worse. He tends to think that it’s a something to chew on so we just don’t put one on him at all. He is like a little bird so its not much of a problem. He takes his food in his mouth, swallows and then opens his mouth again ready for his next bite. When hes done he shuts his mouth and whines to get out. Hes very easy to please and eats well.
Tristan knows his bedtime routine and if you try and delay his bottle too long after bath he will let you know he isn’t happy. Loves tubby time with Dad and is happy with anything as long as there is water involved( pool, spa, bath, shower)
One of the things we have recently discovered about Tristan is that he is happy to be out and about, he is quiet and content and loves to people watch. ( but still hates his car seat and complains EVERY time he is put in it or has to travel far in the car) He is actually better behaved away from home( shopping, restaurants, etc) where he can see all the craziness around him. I think anything that is visually stimulating to him keeps him entertained.
Tristan is also into everything. This is something I didn’t experience with Elijiah. For instance we have had to baby proof the house. All light sockets, getting a baby gate, toilet seat protector etc. He loves the bathroom- wants to play, pull out drawers, open things, pull on cords….all of which require constant watching for one his own safety but two, any potential mess.
__________________
I must say…Tristan my love…my bugs… You are a light at the end of the work day. When I see your smile, or when you beeline for me when I come to pick you up- when you bury your head deep in my shoulder and allow me to smother you with kisses…you make me happy- oh so very happy.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What - no pictures?!?! I want to see the chubbiness you speak of!

David said...

He sounds so cute! Dallin HATES his car seat too . . . I feel your pain!

Emily said...

That last comment that says "David" was actually from EMILY. I didn't realize my husband was still logged onto my laptop! oops!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett