Monday, June 2, 2008

Tristans Blessing

Yes that is what we blessed Tristan in....we are non traditional in EVERY way!

Awful family picture

Me and Kiara

Mom and Layne

Dad and Nancy

Carl

Cindy and Kelsy


First of all what a fun weekend! Got the house in order for Sunday, did a movie night with Elijiah, some shopping and walks to the park....


Sunday came and I have to admit I was still a bit frazzled from the work week and preparation that I wasnt in much of a spiritual mind frame, but that all changed the moment Jonathan started to speak. Tristan cried, and screamed, but through it all Jonathans calm and collected voice was heard. Jonathan blessing to Tristan was incredible. He blessed Tristan with a sound mind and body, that he would be given talents to discover and develop. Tristan should honor the women in his life including his mother( I like that :) that he would find his companion by treating the women in his life well and go to the temple, serve an honorable mission....there were many many other things said. Stuff to be honest that seems incredibly personal to Tristan and I know that Jonathans preparation for the blessing, and his desire to listen to Heavenly Father helped him through it. I was moved to tears as were many I came to find out. At the end of the meeting many people in the congregation came to me and said they had never heard a more beautiful baby blessing--it was the best they had heard and what a wonderful job Jonathan did. I am incredibly proud of Jonathan. It reminded me of a blessing I got when I was younger and made me recognize that I truly have come full circle......
Afterwards we all headed back to the house to enjoy lots of food( see pictures above) and conversation. Thank you to all our family for coming, for the testimonies given, for the love and support. We again were overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation for family. There were several people missed- Whitney, Raegan, and Jessica.....You are each forgiven afterall it would be a long trip!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett