Friday, June 20, 2008

Acupuncture

Ive been hesitant to blog about my acupuncture experience because...one I'm a skeptist, and two Ive only had 3 treatments.
I must say however that I have seen some improvement on all levels and I'm excited. My acupuncturist is very nice. She does it out of her home where she has several rooms dedicated to her business in the basement, and she is very accommodating of my schedule.( I do a 6:30 am appointment before I go to work) Its incredibly relaxing and I have been surprised by the effectiveness of the visits. The first time we met I went through lots of questions about my health and general well being. I told her of my knee injury with running, and I was there primarily for my headaches. She inserted the needles in various spots including below my knees and to be honest- my knees have stopped hurting after that session. And get this...my migraines, the ones that I was getting several times a week, well as you can see from my headache log have significantly been reduced. I am hopeful that with some ongoing or sporadic treatment this will continue.
(sigh)
Isn't it Murphy's law or something that once I post this blog Ill immediately get a headache?????? I sure hope not, being relatively pain free is wonderful.

1 comment:

formerly fun said...

I have been having recurrent back pain and have been thinking really hard about acupuncture, thanks for your perspective.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett