So, Amber listed a few extravagant activities that she would have liked to give me for my birthday but I have to say that she didn't have to offer those things to make this last weekend the best ever!
I'm a very private person with only an extremely small circle of close friends that I fully open up to but Amber says that this blog is mostly for our kids in the absence of good personal journals and that I need to contribute more! SO, I figured talking about the best birthday of my life would be a good way to start. Sorry current readers and Bechtold children but I'm not going to open the flood gate and bare/share ALL but I'll give you a taste ;-)
On Friday when we got together at the house after work, Amber gave me my presents from her and Elijiah. I have to say that the card she got me and the things she said inside the card were some of the most precious things I've ever heard. She got me a gift card for The Buckle and Elijiah got me a book and a DVD (very thoughtful for a 5 year old!!). That was the end of Friday's birthday events that will be discussed on da blog.
Saturday we got up and cleaned up the house, took off to run some errands then made our way down to The Gateway Mall. We went to The Buckle and Amber helped me find some KILLER jeans and two really sweet T-Shirts. Did you know that you can buy T-Shirts that cost more than $50 nowadays? Well, needless to say that while walking out of the store in my new duds, I was feeling quite guilty but Amber was totally sweet and just smiled and said how happy she was that I found some cloths that I liked.
After leaving the store, Amber said that she wanted to grab some icecream and started off towards what I told her was the wrong end of the Mall. She ignored me and when I politely told her that I thought the Ben And Jerry's store was at the North end of the mall, she cutely said "well we're here for the second part of your present". She said it right outside the Sanctuary Day Spa... I was blown away - I had never had any spa treatments aside from a hair cut or two and I found that Amber had scheduled an hour long deep-tissue massage for me. I'VE NEVER HAD A MASSAGE BEFORE IN MY LIFE!! I was actually quite nervous and a bit uncomfortable as I'm not very good at sitting back and letting someone pamper me. However, I did my best to chill out and enjoy the amazingly thoughtful gift Amber had given me and I have to say that when I finally did let go and let the spa-worker do her job, it felt AMAZING!!
After the massage, Amber and I met up again and drove up to Ogden so that we could drop off our precious little boy for her mom and step-dad to watch for the evening. I have to say that I should have let Amber drive as I was completely out-of-it from the massage. ANYWAY, we dropped off Tristan and drove back down to Salt Lake where we had some absolutely incredible Sushi at Tsunami - Okay, so I HAD incredible sushi and amber had vegetable stir-fry ;-) I think that one of the rolls I got was one of the best I've had - it was called the Aloha and had spicy tuna, jalapenos, and other delicious stuff. Although I stuffed myself on raw fish and soy beans, we went and got some ice cream after dinner then drove home to relax. Part of our relaxation was a TERRIBLE movie (Rambo) but just lying with Amber on the couch for a couple hours without a single interruption was like a little piece of heaven.
Although I missed my little man, it sure was relaxing to not have to worry about getting up between midnight and 4:00AM to feed him. SO, those are the general details of the best birthday ever and I just want to say to Amber that she is the most amazing, sweet, thoughtful, loving person that I know. You've really set the bar high for birthdays baby but rest assured that when YOU turn 32, it will hopefully be a day you remember as fondly as I remember my 32nd b-day!
No comments:
Post a Comment