Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tristan my love...

Oh how I love spending precious moments with you...middle of the night feedings, bath time, etc. But my love, now that you have been rolling over with consistency can you please stop this?! Its really annoying to your mother- your absolutely incredible super woman mother to hear you babble, sneeze or cough and know that you have rolled over, cant get yourself back to your stomach and are wide awake in your crib. So I get up, go to your room and turn you back on your stomach, stick your plug in, and within moments you are sleeping soundly. Here I stand looking down at you adoringly but annoyed by all accounts as I know a few hours later you will actually be up to eat and my nights rest is interrupted 2x. Where has your 9-12 hours of consecutive sleep gone? I thought it was wonderful this new trick of yours, but now lets digress shall we? I'm ready to go back to our nightly ritual of bedtime at 7 pm and you wake somewhere between 3-6am to feed, then you are back to sleep again. Please please??? Or at least start to figure out the back to front roll-over, that would be nice. Its a very cruel trick indeed to have us, your loving parents, get used to sleeping again only to have you pull this nifty new thing each night- especially because everytime you do see me, standing over your crib your eyes light up, and you get the biggest of grins and you start to wave your arms and legs all over in excitement. So my love, yes I'm annoyed, but more often than not I am overwhelmed by emotions of complete devotion.

1 comment:

Daisy Paige said...

Amen!

Isn't it wonderful that no matter how groggy or annoyed you are in the middle of the night, when their little face lights up at the mere sight of you peeking over their crib, that your heart just melts?

Frustrating and exhilarating all at once.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett