Friday, May 2, 2008

My day has begun

Jonathan has been pretty busy this week and Ive come to realize that there is no way he could leave me with Tristan alone at this point even for a day. Ive also discovered due to Tristans colic or whatever problem he has-- sleep will most likely never happen in THIS house. With occassional exception, he rarely will sleep more than several hours at a strech. My nights( or days )seem to start between 2-3am and go until 9pm the next night when I can finally fall into bed. Its not just the crying, but this child of ours fights sleeping no matter what! His eyes could be rolling into the back of his head but dang it if he will sleep. Ive come to know that it takes sometimes hours to get him to fall asleep and that sleep can last a few minutes so whenever this does happen, I race around like a mad woman to get anything done. We do everything they say to do with a colicy baby- white noise, swaddle, shushing( this does work during his hysterics ) etc etc. I think that because Jonathan was gone yesterday, and last night and I didnt get my usual few breaks during the day, Im especially worn out. I know this will pass, but I often ask myself how can a little baby go WITHOUT sleep? Jonathan often comes to bed around midnight / 1am( to give me 9-2am sleep) and he tells me its not usually till then will Tristan fall asleep, but if thie kid is up for me around 2 or three and OFTEN doesnt go back to sleep how is this kid surviving?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Amber,
It sounds challenging. My only advice...just be glad he is not a twin!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett