Our first lunch date was at the Aves Bakery. What was your first impression of me when we met?
Well Amber-dear, as you remember, we had some really amazingly candid and thoughtful email communications and phone conversations before we met so I already had a pretty good idea of what your personality would be like. I had already seen a lot of pictures of you as well so I thought that I was pretty prepared for our first meeting. I wore my favorite shirt, my favorite beenie, hot-guy cologne, and was prepared to make you immediately infatuated with me employing a false attitude of casual indifference mixed with a heavy dose of charm.
Well, the best laid plans of man oft go to waste... I walked in, saw you sitting in the far corner with a newspaper played out before you and a very sexy look of astute relaxation and BAM, all my game flew away to nothingness and I couldn't help but grin like a big dopey dwebe. If you recall, I was so flustered I had to immediately excuse myself to the restroom even though I really didn't HAVE to go...
I remember that you wore a reddish/maroon lightweight wool sweater with a V-cut front, your glasses, and had your wonderful curly hair down. I thought to myself, "this girl is WAY too put together" and had a really hard time getting comfortable the rest of the date. As we chatted, I continued to get more and more nervous as I realized how sharp, passionate, STRIKING, and on the ball you were but I did my best to impress in spite of my intimidation.
In all reality babes, although I now know that I need not be intimidated by you, all those things I felt as first impressions were in fact characteristics that you posess. The great impressions I had about you at first glance still remain and have only been added upon by characteristics that amaze me every single day... Not even your habit of stomping around the house like a marine in bootcamp early on Saturday mornings has tarnished my impression of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment