Last night feeding Tristan around 3am, I realized that he was born 6 weeks ago almost to the minute....this marked my thinking yet again that my time with him is really over. I know that Ive done this before( go back to work after 6 weeks) but it doesnt get easier Ive decided. These last 6 weeks have been really hard with him. With the colic and not sleeping we have really just been surviving. I havent really been able to enjoy him all the much which is really sad. He is just starting to smile and on the rare occassion he is happy I get such a rush of love for my little man....
I just wish I could be around to see his mood improve and see the smiles more and more.
Work starts monday and I am grateful to be returning to people that I enjoy working with, and a company and job I like, but there isnt anything that will make that day easier. Being a mom is so hard, but is the most amazing thing. I took out Elijiahs home videos last night to remember him as a baby and was amazed at each stage, not like you forget perse, but time passes so FAST! It will be the same with Tristan and I dont want to miss a second of it. These boys( Jonathan included here ) that I have been blessed with, make my life complete in a way that I never thought possible. And so today being Friday and Monday will come too quickly, Im going to enjoy this beautiful weather and my two munchkins as much as possible over the next couple of days.
1 comment:
Oh wow, 6 weeks is so quick, especially when your baby is fussy and colicky.
Enjoy this weekend with your family and good luck with the first day back!
Post a Comment