Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Day Back and updates

So it was a bit painful I must admit- going back to work. I was doing okay until Jonathan put the phone to Tristans ear so I could say hi and I heard him make some noise and I started to cry. However my co-workers were super nice and it was for the most part a day of reading emails. So nothing really crazy. I just absolutely miss my kids even more than I thought possible, and so my coping mechanism at the moment is just try to not think about someone else being with him. Denial- it helps a bit. Cindi, Jonathans mom, is the one helping us out by watching Tristan for a few days each week( then my sister one day a week) and I guess the day went well for her. Tristan didnt sleep but at least he didnt cry for her. I am so grateful for her willingness to help us...it will make the transition to daycare in a few weeks a bit easier, and its comforting to know that Tristan is with someone that loves him.

Last night after work we went to my sisters house for a dinner/celebration for my Dads birthday. I really enjoyed visting with everyone, and dispite a screaming child due to lack of sleep, some trampoline accidents with Elijah and Syliah, I think the night was a success. ( Sorry Dad for the craziness with the kids!) I always enjoy getting together and catching up.

Other news is that my other sister Raegan has found a place to live in Indiana. I cant even begin to explain the drama and problems with finding a house. They have been in and out of hotels with 4 kids and two of them in school and I know that for Raegan this last month or so has been a nightmare. So this is great news and I hope that they will get settled and things will go better now that they have a place to live.

Other than that - our lives are back it seems to the insane schedules and running around. I didnt get my daily run in, but its okay...over the last 3 weeks Ive been able to do so and a day off wont kill me.( I think the heat will though- our air conditioner isnt working! )

1 comment:

Daisy Paige said...

Wow. I don't know how you did it. I can't imagine leaving my baby every day, and he's almost four months old! Whoever decided six weeks was enough maternity leave was obviously on crack.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett