Friday, November 30, 2007

Too much information?

Ok I was reading a fellow bloggers blog about sleep deprivation, and how funny but not so funny being tired really is...

So tell me fellow mothers...do you remember getting up to pee in the night while pregnant? I mean maybe once or twice a most. Heck I dont remember doing it at all with Elijiah or Noel...but with this little one....EVERY night for MONTHS now Im up several times. Last night a grand total of 8 times. I cannot possibly fathom Im drinking that much water to create such events. And I dont fall asleep easily once up. I wish I could be a walking zombie to the bathroom do my duty and sleep walk back to bed. This is the same for when baby is born. When Elijiah was up every 3 hours feeding...It would take 1/2 hour 45 minutes to change, feed and put back to sleep and then I took a painful amount of time to fall back asleep only to be awakened a short time later for the same cycle to take place...
Anyway I digress...back to nightly peeing. I guess I should be grateful? I will be prepared for baby sleepless nights? I dont know. I just know that Im so bone tired all the freaking day long that even though now I feel better, I have no energy. I want to work out...but here it is 3pm and all I want to do is go to bed. A nice dinner sounds good but something that requires no effort sounds better. TV? Forget it, bed is a good option. Following my drift here? While I graduated from the couch, I can no longer think of anything better than TRYING to get a full nights sleep. I look like death warmed over, and a coworker asked if I was sick. No I replied- just havent slept well in.....well....im not sure when.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It was that way with all three of my pregnancies. I do believe that is partly why I gain so much weight, no energy to cook or exercise. Also, be sure you are not retaining water or starting to have early edema. I would check with your doctor. GOOD LUCK!

AGN said...

I was up every 3 hours to pee while I was pregnant. This lasted the entire 9 months - crazy! And my 3rd trimester I dealt with the oh so bothersome issue of flatulence (is that too much info?) Anyway I'm wondering if that's why Jacob is such a gassy baby! Haha. Mother's are amazing creatures to maintain energy during these child-bearing years. I figure we'll sleep when we're dead. Love ya!

Daisy Paige said...

Goodness, girl, eight trips in one night sure seems extreme! I used to get up 2-3 times per night and it drove me batty, so I stopped drinking anything after 8pm. This meant I had to consciously drink more earlier in the day, but it was worth it.

I'd guess I started that at about four months, and it's been working great. Lately when I wake up it's only because I'm uncomfortable and need to change positions, not because nature is calling me to the toilet.

What does your doctor say about it?

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett