Thursday, November 8, 2007

Political Rants

Ok, I grew up in California and if you live in Cali you know what Im talking about...you live in a VERY liberal state. So much so that I think nothing of much of what happened there, its all normal and your vote actually mattered. However moving to Utah that is another story all together. Your vote if your not republican hardly counts for anything, and very little separation from church and state. Hey im not complaining its like that lots of places( ie the south) Italy( where I spent much time..) etc etc. So I try to not complain although on occassion it really bugs that people I run into are so narrow minded. Let me also say that I have worked for the LDS church on two separate occassions and I know from personal experience while there is tremendous influence over policy etc, for the most part the LDS church tries not to publicly involve themselves in politcs any more than other churches would in similiar fashion. So that being said...I have to say Im disgusted by the Christian colalition today. I heard on the news on my way to work that while "americas mayor" believes in abortion, and supports gay rights( TWO huge things the christian colition is AGAINST, they are supporting him for president over the "mormon" candidate because the Christian colalition doesnt believe mormons to be christians. While Mitt is against abortion and gay rights overall - they are going to endorse a presidential candidate that goes against the things they fight so hard for...its amazing to me. I could go on and on about this...but Im totally in a mental stupor about their logic.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett