Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My first born....








Happy Birthday Noellie! I cant believe its been 12 years.

So as I sit here reflecting on this day I cant help but remember this morning...you were born at 10:34am and were 6lbs 3oz. You were induced as it was my thanksgiving break from school and the pregnancy wasnt going well, you werent growing adequately, and lets be honest having your parents know when you were coming was easier for them as they were in California. So starting at 6pm the night before I went in for my start of the induction....then again at 12am. I was in labor all night and finally at 6am I couldnt handle the pain anymore got my mom and her best friend Ann who were going to be with me for the delivery up, and we went to the hospital. Thank goodness for those two. It was the comic relief they provided that kept me sane during the worst of the pain. I got the epidural ( which was so painful I thought labor was better) and of corse soon after I was a happy camper. Everything went well and when you came out the umbilical cord was wrapped twice around your neck along with a tight knot. My wonderful amazing doctor thought perhaps this was why you werent growing, along with the decline in amniotic fluid...so he was glad we induced you. Anyway your parents were there waiting and came in to see you not long after we were in our recovery room. They along with your sister Chloe were so excited and I could tell were full of love for you. Your mom was amazing. She was trying to give me some time and space, and although I knew my decision was right, I needed a bit more time with you. She gave me an incredible gift. She offered to give me that time, and told me to take you home with me...gave me the car seat and the clothes etc she came with. It was an incredible moment of trust. Well I spent the next 2 days being "mom" and loving every precious second. I knew my time was limited and I just marveled at every little detail. When all was said and done and the time came to hand you to your mom my heart broke completely....but I knew it was the right thing.

Now 12 years later so much has happened and life has been good to both of us. My wish for you is the same it was when you were born...safe, healthy and happy is all I want for you. It is that way for each of my children. I hope you have a great day at Disneyland sweetie...and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

2 comments:

Daisy Paige said...

She is beautiful, Amber!

I love Amanda's parents almost as much I love her. Isn't adoption wonderful?

Monica said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Amber dear! I hope you are having a great one! And your kids are beautiful!!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett