Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gratitude

So in church and everywhere since conference has been a theme of gratitude. It started with the conference talk where it was discussed recognizing the hand of God each day. Writing down things that we are grateful for. Well since my "alone" time I have been both good and bad at writing these things down, some are simple things others not so. But I feel like sharing.
Some things I am grateful for:
1. Modern medicine, and my current healthy status.
2. Healthy kids
3. Taking a walk on a abnormally warm fall day with your child at the park. Looking up at the sky and thinking life couldnt get better.
4. My husband. Who dispite these last few months says he still loves me.
5. Comfort foods that while are not healthy make me feel better
6. The way a song that I havent heard before can touch my heart and soul.
7. The outdoors. Enjoying each season for what it can bring..water sports, snowskiing, hiking, camping, running.
8. Our home. Small and suffocating at times, its a haven at the end of the day. A place where our family can be everyday and create memories of "firsts"
9. My family- dad, stepdad, sisters, brother.....
10.My Mother. She is truly one of my best friends. She has been a rock in times of need. Through heartache, sorrows and lifes joys. She is an inspiration to hard work, dedication, righteous living, testimony, strength of character. She can out run, out work anyone I know young or old. Its my goal to beat her at something- although I have no idea what that could be. Shes agreed to participate in some sort of running race next year with me. Perhaps then? Probably not but one can try :)
11.My friends- some ive known a short time, others a lifetime. Each one I have learned from and appreciate.
12.My testimony of Christ and his teachings. My faith has been tested greatly but I cannot deny the hand of our Heavenly Father in my life.
13.A clear night when I can look at the stars and feel small
14.Fireworks
15.The way I feel when Im standing at the edge of the Ocean- any ocean. Complete peace.
16.My past. For without it I would not have Noel and Elijiah. And while I could have chosen a different path both times, the gifts they have given me by being their mother has made me a more patient, loving, kind, caring, sensitive, person and more determined to make this world somehow better- and for that I wouldnt change a thing.
17.My job. While I hope to make a change someday- my work has provided for me. I recieved a blessing when I was young that indicated I would be blessed in my schooling and work. This blessing has manifested itself many times over.
18.Animals- My dogs, and cat. While I have two part time dogs- I get a lot of joy from them. My cat- its a love in progress, but what I am grateful for is the joy Elijiah gets from Bob.
19.My education- my determination to never give up when things got hard.
20.A beautiful Sunset
20 things that I have to be grateful for these last few weeks. Its amazing when I write them down how much I realize I have been blessed.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett