Tuesday, November 27, 2007

thanksgiving update

Well, as with every year the holiday is also a chance to celebrate my birthday...anyone with a birthday around a holiday will know that some years its great and other years it kinda sucks. However the last few years Ive really enjoyed it. I get to see my family all together and enjoy a really tasty meal( thanksgiving - duh). While my birthday doesnt fall on turkey day every year, it seems like a good excuse to celebrate it on that day. This year was a great holiday. I had a few days off from work...Jonathan and I and Elijiah spent a good chunk of time together- which I am always excited about.
We did have the dogs and with the exception of one long night for Jonathan..I loved having them. They added much craziness to our already small house, but I love them both. Keeva and Max were pleasant and adjusted to the family routine with ease.
Anyway Im getting ahead of myself. Thanksgiving itself was Mom, Layne, Cory, me, Jonathan, Jessica, Colby, Sylah, Elijiah and my friend Pati. We ate, relaxed, ate some more and had a very lazy day. Paradise.
Saturday was my birthday- 31 years. I have to say much like the rest of the week, it was a mellow day. Jonathan was busy for most of the day which gave Elijiah and I lots of time to hang out together. That afternoon we took Elijiah to the dinosaur museum then dropped him off at Jessicas house so Jonathan and I could take in a relaxing dinner and movie. I got some very thoughtful gifts, a spa certificate a new cozy robe, and a great blanket for the couch. Im a very lucky gal.
Sunday was a typical day with us going to Jonathans parents for a sunday meal. All in all a great 4 days.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett