Thursday, February 28, 2008
Death and Kids...
A sad thing happened this week. Elijiahs friends mom passed away unexpectedly monday. The thing is, since Elijiah started at the Y, he and Katie have been fast friends. Gone to birthday parties, play dates, b-bques at each others houses....I knew this mother in passing sure, but when your kids are friends you try and get to know eachother a bit as well. I have to admit over the last 6 months I havent seen much of her and didnt think twice. Well she died on Monday and no one knows why yet. Strange on Monday night, I took Elijiah for a walk so I could get come excercise and he asked what would happen if I died. I tried to say things that a 5 yr old would understand- that I would be in Heaven with Heavenly Father and I would always love him even if I wasnt here on earth, that I would keep watch over him, he could still talk to me, that I would be his angel. This seemed to work okay for him. Then the next day at school we all were notified that Allison had passed away. So it then became a real topic of conversation amoung the kids. See I dont know why this has affected me so. She and I werent best friends or even that close of friends- just two parents of kids that played together. But to be a mother and think about leaving your children with no warning, no chance to say goodbye, no ability to put together a video, scrap book, letters-say all the things you want to and know that loosing you will define them forever is so heartbreaking to me. Jonathan said he would attend the funeral with me and Im so grateful. I feel like one of the only things I can do for Katies dad now is to pay my respects. I told Elijiah to give Katie and Katies little brother Colby, big hugs. They going to need them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage
Noel
Tristan
Jett
2 comments:
Amber, I am so sorry. I have been thinking about this a lot lately as I haven't known people who have died and left little children. It has really pushed me to get going on scrapbooks and journaling in them with my handwriting so that my kids will always have that from me if something were to happen.
Yea, I think this blog is part of it....talking about life, my child(ren) so hopefully they would have a peice of me, who I am- my thoughts as well. My journals have been good too, but this is fun being able to add pictures and random things
Post a Comment