It seems that the weekends we dont have Elijiah there are lots of things we do to stay busy. This past weekend was no exception. Saturday we were up and going early after cleaning the house friday night. We took a trip to the Library for some new books, stopped by my friend Pati's to borrow a glider for the baby's room, headed to Home Depot, the craft store( actually two craft stores ) took in a movie, and headed home for Jonathan to make me dinner! Sunday my Mom and Layne returned from a week in Hawaii and we went to my cousin Niks mission homecoming. It was very nice. Tons and I mean tons of family and friends came and it was a madhouse, but good as usual to see everyone. The rest of our sunday was lazy and boy did the weekend go fast!
The movie we saw on Saturday was Juno. I heard from others that it was a great movie and one worth seeing. Jonathan wasnt too excited about it, but as usual was a good sport. I think he was pleasantly surprised. Its about a young teenager who gets pregnant, and how she places her child up for adoption. The writing was witty, funny, very charming, and I loved the characters( the prospective adoptive father wasnt all that likable however) anyway I loved the film. I have to admit there was a part where I did cry. Juno was in the hospital room having given birth and tears where running down her face. Her Dad made a comment that she will be back here again someday but in the right circumstances. This just made my heart ache. There is nothing more painful than knowing you are doing the right thing but feeling so empty.
On another note, Jonathan and I worked on a fun project for the baby over the weekend. The nursery is coming along and its exciting to see things come together. We took some pictures and Ill post them shortly as I think things turned out pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment