At church on Sunday Elijiah was very excited to tell me about a primary task they had been assigned for the following week. To bring a picture and story about how they were named...so I recalled the story to Elijiah about how his dad and I picked his name, however I reminded him that he would be with his dad over that next weekend and he wouldnt be able to go to primary. He said that he really wanted to, and so I told him he should ask his dad if he could attend primary sunday. Elijiah got quiet and said that I needed to ask. So I said I would. But I also told Elijiah that if these things are important to him that he also needed to talk to his Dad about them. Well yesterday Khory called to speak to Elijiah for his usual nightly call, and Elijiah whispered to me that he wanted me to ask if he could go to church for his primary activity. I told Khory why Elijiah wanted to go, and if it could be arranged for him to attend for 2 hours on his weekend. Khory didnt agree to letting Elijiah go. Now granted I understand that when its my time with Elijiah I dont want to have my weekend disturbed if you will, but on the other hand, it seems a bit sad. To have Elijiah want to do something with regards to church( which is hard enough as he thinks church lasts ALL day and doesnt really like going to begin with) but to have him want to do something and Khory say no...well what can I do? Needless to say Im sure its just the first in a long line of Church activities that will be a stuggle to have Khory give up his time to let Elijiah attend.
On a happy note, Elijiah and I had a rough weekend, but Monday night it was great. We made dinner together, and spent some good time hanging out and talking. He said to me that I was the greatest mother in the world-no the whole UNIVERSE! WOW! I know being a mom is hard, but its those little things that they say that makes all the bad times fade from memory. After he said that I told him how happy that made me feel, and that I felt that way about my Mom, his grandma. He then said" What made her so great? Did she play swords with you too?!" :) My Elijiah ----such a funny guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment