Thursday, January 3, 2008

BOB and random thoughts

So since we have been back from our trip I havent slept at all. Well not entirely true, I tend to really fall asleep after the hour of 2am. That leaves me with an estimated 3-4 hours of sleep each night this week. I have never felt so out of sorts or miserable in a long time. Add the fact that Elijiah was sick and now Im getting the beginnings of a cold Im not terribly happy. Well yesterday I decided not only was I going to the gym after work, but I would take a sleeping pill to help me fall asleep. Between the workout and the pill I thought I would sleep well! Not so. I took my pill - felt sleepy so I went to bed early and laid there for hours--- sleep was eluding me again.

I should mention that last night was also a night where Elijiah was with his dad and Jonathan was at school so I had the house to myself. I would normally be excited about this alone time, but I came home and there was Bob. I dont usually pay much attention to the cat. I have long said I wasnt a cat person, and that hasnt changed by having Bob. Oh he is a nice cat, tolerant and loving. But he is more of an annoyance to me than anything. I dont care to pet him or have him cuddle with me. His constant meowing doesnt help either. He tends to go a bit crazy I realize when neither Jonathan or Elijiah is home to chase, play, hold, and snuggle him. He walked around the house for hours doing his long drawn out meowing- crying thing and it was enough. I put him outside but after 10 minutes I felt bad due to the cold and let him back in. Finally when I went to bed I turned the fan on right away hoping to drown out Bobs crying. I just cant win. Why doesnt he just know that I dont want to pet him and all? He knows I dont love him- I mean he attacks me and only me for the most part so I know he is aware. (sigh)

I should mention that I found this link:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

It turns your blog into a book. I realized this was the main reason I was blogging was for a family journal or whatever you want to call it. It would be MY way of scrapbooking our family events and pictures each year.

3 comments:

CrackTheAnomaly said...

so sad about the sleepless nights honey!!!! As for Bob, although he's my cuddle buddy when you're indisposed, I'm willing to take him on a long walk in the deep woods for you...

PS - LOVE the macaroni-cheese-peas for lunch today!!

Monica said...

i can't stand my cat anymore! i totally know how you feel. he has been banished to the garage on some nights when he is doing his annoying cries!
i LOVE the pics of hawaii and totally want to go.
so glad you are back safe tho!!

Casey said...

Thanks a million for the book link! I am so happy to make a journal out of my randomness. Your Hawaii pics were simply amazing!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett