Gordon B. Hinckley what an amazing man.....while my testimoney wasnt built on him, he gave me hope, courage to do whats right, and inspired me to change.
This is what he said on April 5, 1997
"I am an old man given to meditation and prayer. I would
enjoy sitting in a rocker, swallowing prescriptions, listening to soft music and
contemplating the things of the universe. But such activity offers no
challenge and makes no contribution.
"I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with
resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give
encouragement to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and
strength of testimony. If in the process I should die on some distant
strand while speaking to my friends in the church, it would be better than if i
were to spend my days, looking out languidly upon the worlds without purpose or
design."
No comments:
Post a Comment