Monday, January 7, 2008

28 weeks

Im in the home stretch! Very excited I have to say. My doctors appointment friday was routine with the exception of my weight gain! 10 pounds since my last appiontment. Granted it was the holidays but really...10 pounds! Gym here I come!
Last week we went several times and I feel a bit better, at least Im trying here. I also called my mother last week to discuss training for a marathon together. There is the St. George Marathon in September. It ended up being a pretty funny conversation. I talked with her about doing it with me a few months ago and she seemed happy to participate. Now for those who know my mother will not think twice about me asking her. Still to this day she can out run, bike, swim, hike etc anyone my age let alone in her own age group. I think this would be a great bonding thing and of corse a way to get back in shape. So anyway I call her will lots of options but telling her we would have to commit and register for the race come March. She proceeded to say she was worried about my knee( I ran alot last year and reinjured my knee which made my running days end early in the season and had to walk etc) said that she was sure that this would limit my ability to train and perhaps we should do a triathalon together...Haha! I said! Me swim!!?? Oh right she said you dont like getting your head wet.( let me say here that I was a good swimmer when I was young- on the swim team- but I got so many reoccurring ear infections and have problems to this day when I swim that I hate swimming. I can breast stroke tho..) I told her I would be happy to do that- of which she said well theres the idaho triathalon shes been wanting to do and the swim is in the river which I could mostly float --I think she was joking. Anyway that discussion went no where...I brought her back to the running thing...finally thinking that perhaps a 1/2 marathon would be best. She is I think 80% on board. There are several of these going on in the state and there is no pressure to sign up early. I personally think she is scared-that I might beat her!!( not really but a girl can hope..)Anyway with 12 weeks to go all I can think about is how nice it will be to get my body back, have this little one join our family, have a feeling of "ours". I know a newborn is full of challenges, and believe me the next few years I have no doubt will put me at the edge many times. However Im growing more and more in love with this little one that keeps me up nights punching and kicking me, and making me crave only the most fattening of foods.

Still no idea what we will name him. I think we have about 3 names neither of us hate but nothing standing out. HELP!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Bob... Definitely Bob... then get rid of the cat...

Kristen said...

Amber,
Seriously watch your sodium intake. I remember I gained about 13 pounds in one month around week 25 - the MD really scolded me. Funny thing, about 6 weeks later I developed severe ecplamsia and the weight gain was the first warning sign, but instead chalked up to the holidays. Please watch it. You can have it on any pregnancy.
Kristen

Daisy Paige said...

Amber, if you have any good boy names that you and Jonathan are throwing out, please send them my way! We have only four weeks to go (three, according to my doc) and still no name.

Poor fella is probably going to come home "Baby Boy G" on his birth certificate.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett