Sunday, November 8, 2009

Soup soup....

Its not often that I share recipes on this blog...but over Halloween weekend we went to a get -together at my cousins house. She had the most amazing soup and I just spent a part of my Sunday making it. Thus I wanted to share the most FABULOUS carrot - ginger soup EVER. ENJOY!

Ginger Carrot Soup:

2lb Carrots
1 yam
1/2 yellow onion
3 leeks ( sliced lengthwise )
3 inch piece of ginger grated
1/2 tea salt/ 1/2 tea pepper
4 tab butter
1/2 pint cream
7cups chicken/veg stock

* chop all veggies and saute in butter until semi soft (light brown), add to boiling chicken stock and puree. add cream - YOUR DONE! Yummy!

1 comment:

vave said...

when i make this... i will take a photo and blog my thank you!!! of course every bite smiling thanking you too...now i have a recipe for my family cookbook from you!!!!
xooxox!j

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett