Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I became her today

You know the mother that when you see her and her kids you feel sorry for? Yea that was me today. After a sleepless night with a sick baby, I looked a mess. I went to Elijiahs parent teacher conference and Tristan was a disaster...constantly running away from me, snotty nose, and tantrum throwing...lovey eh?
Well upon picking Elijiah up from Extended day and Tristan is running in the gym screaming, and me running after him only to succeed in grabbing one arm- my hair is flying every which way...the teacher came up and said:
"You look like you have had a tough day...we have some left over soup from lunch and its yours if you want it..."
In the space of one second before I could answer and million things went through my mind such as: - I cant believe Im THAT mom!
- Ive offered to help countless times and now someone is offering to help me...do I take it? I dont really need the help..but that might be nice, not to cook tonight or have something for lunch tomorrow, would it seem rude to decline?
So I say:
"Sure that would be wonderful. Thank you so much for thinking of me."
After taking the soup and heading home, Tristan yelling and telling me "NO" for the hundredth time today, all I can think about is warming up that soup...putting bugs to bed and curling up to read my book.
Yes its been one of those days.

2 comments:

grams grewe said...

You are a teriffic Mom. Your family is lucky to have you.

Emily said...

OH! I'm so sorry! I hope the house is quiet now and your reading a good book! Hope the move went smoothly!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett