My dearest child of mine...my love and sweetheart. Its that time of year again when I wax philosophical about your time on the planet and especially this past year. Lots of new beginnings, lots of changes and while you havent always wanted to do what we were doing, you braved the changes and made the best of things.
You continue to be the best brother I could ask for. I know Tristan is hard, and very demanding. I know especially this year has been tough with the changes, my health, going between two houses, and dealing with all that you do. I am so happy to see how Tristans eyes light up every day when he sees you. That when we drop you off, and you forget to give Tristan a kiss he cries and calls your name, saying "bye" over and over again. He looks to you for guidance and love, fun and caring- and when you WANT to you are the BEST big brother.
Do you remember the other day? The day when we were outside with Tristan and you said to me" MOM- I know what my purpose is in life? I do....its to be the best brother in the world."
My heart melts to know that you were born when you were, to not only to heal my heart, but to lead the way for your younger brother and sibling to come.
You are at the top of your class in all areas. The best reading group and testing high with all subjects. You hate to journal you say....but your teacher mentioned that you were the first to complete your 1st journal because you write so much! You always give 100% to things even if its not fun for you. I hope you continue with that, as it will serve you as you get older.

You have many people in your life that look out for you, love you and care for you. You constantly remain a peacekeeper. You are wise beyond your years.
Your ready acceptance of others in your life is astounding to us. You may be slow to warm up but once someone has proven themselves to you, you are ever loyal. Im starting to see my little boy turning into a big kid who doesnt always want his mother smothering him with kisses and I realize its just the beginning. My hopes for you are to continue in this separation. Find your own path and figure out what you love. You continue to play soccer and enjoy it each season. This winter will find you on the slopes your beloved winter sport. You excel at whatever you do and Im very proud.
With the many family members you have, its always amazing to me how well you adapt. As we move on to our next adventure- moving to Draper- and with that a new neighborhood and ward- I know you will make friends, and continue to be a good example to others. This next year will be a big one, as you prepare to be baptised, and will grow up so fast! My birthday wish for you, is that you will continue to be healthy and happy and that this next year will bring you much joy!
You have many people in your life that look out for you, love you and care for you. You constantly remain a peacekeeper. You are wise beyond your years.
No comments:
Post a Comment