Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Little Late....

But it took a while to do the birthday letter- and my internet wasnt connected...just so you know....plus I didnt have any of these photos at work...so sweetheart- this ended up being a few days late!
Who would have thought that time would fly by so quickly eh? Wasnt it just yesterday that I remember you being born, and handing you over to your mom and dad? Where do the years go?

It really does seem like the years have flown by- or perhaps its not wanting to admit that I too am getting older. I still feel at times like the 19 year old that handed you over to the social worker after spending 3 whole days as your "mom". Never will I forget the following weeks and months where I would be heartbroken but it was your mother that kept me afloat. She would call, send pictures- and I would have the opportunity to see you when I could. It was in these early years- that your mom became one of my best friends. I remember one trip that my dad flew you out to see me- in which I took you to Grandma Kathryns in CO. I know you dont remember that trip - you were only 15 months maybe? I remember having to fly with you, alone of course, and with all your stuff. No one told me how much stuff you have to take when flying with a baby! I was looking pretty overwhelmed im sure as many folks offered their assistance. However you were completely unfazed. You were incredible that whole trip and it was a memory that I cherished for years to come.

Another time was when your parents came to utah and let me have you for a few days- again you must have been 2 or so? I was in a tiny little apt and you had to sleep on the couch. I remember you calling out for your mom a few times, and I thought its okay- I can handle it...then you stopped calling for your mom. You started to call "Amee, Amee" and my heart couldnt take it and I brought you to bed with me.

You have had a wonderful family- a sister who adores you and always has. I have a collection of photos of Chloe holding a willful Noel in various stages of your life. You were doted on, and given everything I could have hoped for.

There was a time when I was pregnant with Elijiah you said that you hoped it was a boy, as you wanted to be my only girl.( I think you have cursed me!) But later said that you just hoped you wouldnt be replaced....Oh Noellie.

Later you realized how much your brothers adore you. Look up to you, and miss you. They look forward to every call, and visit and are equally as sad when you leave.

You are incredibly patient, kind and loving to them and are the best older sister anyone could ask for. Thank you for growing into the talented young woman that you are. Thank you for allowing all of your crazy family to be a part of your life. (because lets face it...we are a bit nuts) Thank you for loving Jonathan and adopting him as your "dad".
I look at each years pictures, I look back at your baby photos, and realize how lucky I am. To have time with you, to share in your accomplishments and to know that you are exactly where you need to be. It has always been an answer to my prayers to see the baby I loved and gave up- become who you are today. Happy (late) Birthday- Happy 14th!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. :)

vave said...

WOW... Amber this is so beautiful. What a wonderful gift to give and I really admire the mom that you have become. I will never forget the strength you had to love in a way few ever experience. You really are amazing. (I read your recent other birthday blog for Eli...really special) One day when it is finally my turn, I am going to lean on you big time!!

I cannot believe Noel is 14!!! HAPPY BELATED FROM ITALY! What a beautiful family!

Lauriann said...

Im so glad to have you in my life as I love hearing your view on adoption.
My last trip to Utah I spent a lot of time with Jack's birth mom and it was really good. I hope for the future that we can be close friends. Especially now that she's giving me her second child too. I am so humbled and grateful.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett