Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pioneer Woman Night

Okay- so Ree came to town and I was sooo excited. Emily and I decided to go together now that shes back in Utah for a while ( yea!). However when I was driving to the PTA meeting just after 5pm I thought I would stop off to see if there was a line. Sure enough - so I ditched the PTA meeting and headed over to the bookshop. Due to the overwhelming desire to see this woman, the bookstore wasnt prepared for the sheer numbers of folks turning out to see her. They did their best by providing "letters" which during the signing would be your ticket in line. I was given letter "E" I begged and pleaded for additional tickets as another one of my friends Monica was also coming. It was all for naught. Unless you were in line and there- they wouldnt let you get additional tickets. Well 7pm came and we were all ushered into a gallery for a q & a session. Ree was adorable, funny, sweet, down to earth and I was thrilled to see her. HOWEVER Monica had just arrived and was told she wasnt getting in and if she didnt already have a ticket she wouldnt be getting one. Terribly disappointed she left and drove home :(

Emily was still game to wait with me and catch some photos so after the q & a session we waited outside for 90 minutes - talking and catching up. In addition to taking some photos ( which you will be able to see on her blog when she posts them) It was a wonderful surprise to run into the author of "dooce" Heard of HER? She is a very well known and famous blogger in her own right. She walked right by us and Emily turns and says "DOOCE"! and starts talking to her as if shes known her forever! We got some photos of us with her as well- lots of fun. Anyway so once my letter was called Emily came right along and we were able to chat with Missy- Ree's sister in law for a second....and FINALLY get up to PW for the signing. I was a little star struck, as reading about a perfect stranger everyday and finally meeting them is a bit odd. You know so much about them, but they know NOTHING about YOU! All in all a fun night, although I couldnt believe the crowds and definitely would have worn tennis shoes!





The line at 5:30 pm

Inside the gallery waiting for the Q & A
Here she is!!!
Emily and I in line almost there!!!

And this is Missy- Ree's sister in law- it was funny I was texting Jonathan and Missy took my picture as I was looking up and making a funny face- I said" Its YOU! Missy! I have to take your picture!" She so kindly posed! fun stuff.

1 comment:

Emily said...

IT was so fun! Pics will be posted tomorrow! And I don't remember you taking my pic . . . was I in the way of what you really wanted to photograph? :)

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett