Friday, October 2, 2009

Too many things going on

GRR so the other day - before I left for my trip- I wanted to take some pictures of the boys...especially of Elijiah and his mouth. See I know Im a crazy Mother. I know it! But I kinda lost it over the weekend. He had been working on his top front tooth for a while, with both Jonathan and I trying to pull it out...but it wasnt ready. However I saw him working on it at the soccer game last saturday and I knew it was close. I told him to wait till he came back to my house( as he was with his dad all weekend) so the tooth fairy could visit US! ( especially since the last time he lost a tooth it was because Khory girlfriend pulled it out on a plane)ANYWAY so saturday - I got a picture on my phone that night of Elijiah and his newly removed front tooth. I pretended I was happy for him and excited, only to find out it came OUT because the girlfriend pulled it. I was really bummed, and Jonathan talked me down out of a fit saying that it was okay he had two other loose teeth and one of them was bound to come out while we had him....I finally after much annoyance....agreed.
Well what to my surprise when I picked up MY child on Monday he proudly smiled to reveal those TWO additional loose teeth GONE from his mouth. I stared in shock and dismay! I asked him HOW he lost those- as they were BARELY loose. He said Melinda( the girlfriend) ALSO pulled those out. Now MOMMA bear reared its ugly head and I WAS PISSED! I immediately called his DAD and told him that I didnt appreciate his girlfriend pulling out MY kids teeth. That I am his mother, and want to have opportunities for those things and to tell her to keep her hands off of him( well a little nicer than that.) Typical response in return? "Chill out Amber- its no big deal...relax. Your over reacting." GRR GRR GRR. So as the consolation price they said I got to have Elijiah take home one of the teeth so I could do the whole tooth fairy thing. Well WASNT THAT nice????????
Can you tell Im still not over it? And is it any wonder that I have annoyances with those two. Can they not understand that there are only so many childhood things to be involved in while kids are young and still believe in such things? AND EVERY TOOTH HE HAS LOST HAS BEEN DONE AT THE HANDS OF THE GIRLFRIEND?
Okay moving on.....

I left for LA for a work trip. I wont mention anyone specific...and I am 100% sure there is only one person from work that reads this...however it was very eye opening to see the folks that I interact with from afar- in person.

I dont know if my experience in recruiting has made me turn my snap judgements of people - continue in real life. But that is the way it is. I have to decide very quickly with folks if they are someone that we would want to hire. Based off very little information sometimes. So Ive learned a few things regarding personal/professional behaviors, and I do have to say that Im right more often than not. SOOO when I meet people I tend- like my counterparts im sure...to size someone up. Like me, I know when they meet me, they are thinking
1.Is this person my competition
2.Can I trust them( personally or professionally?)
3.What is this person about
4.How much can I disclose or discuss both on a personal or professional level
etc etc
Lets just say my trip was FULL of vital information that will not be discussed here, but I feel I have a pretty good idea of what I am dealing with going forward. So while I hated being away from my kiddos, and hubby- it was worth the trip.

As I returned from my couple of days away- I was immediately overwhelmed with a desire to see everyone of course. Tristan was with his grandma, Elijiah with his dad( as Jonathan has to work at 6am, and in school at night) but though each of them were loved and safe, they completely melted down when I returned. Hysteria, fits, I couldnt be away from Tristan for a second, he wanted his blanket, and plug and just was sooo cuddly. It was odd...both Jonathan and I remarked on the boys behavior and how really while they are fine without us, they really do need us. It was just another confirmation that what we are doing is the right thing. Our plans if all goes well has me being with them full time - next year and it feels right - good.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett