Im super excited! My friend at work discussed doing "this" race a few months back and I wanted in. I talked my mom into doing it with me and Agnes( friend from work) put together the remaining team members- all women! The race goes from Logan to Park City- a total of 188 miles which will be run in "legs" over a period of 30 hours or less. I figure if I can make it through a "hard" 6.7 run the other two legs of the race will be easy enough. Just not too thrilled to be running in the middle of the night! Ill have to bring lots of headlamps and put them all over my body. I hate being alone in the dark- running- in the wilderness.....SCARY! BUT IM SOOOOO EXCITED!
So on June 18-19th 2010 we will be running and running a LONG TIME that day!
( I volunteered my MOM for this leg-#6)
6.9 miles Very Hard
8.1 miles Very Hard
3.1 miles Easy
18.1 miles--She can do it. In fact - as the oldest member of the team, she has the fastest pre-qual race time of anyone. I have the second- however I think that is bull. Im not a real runner- I just enjoy getting out from time to time. My mom would laugh as she can and does kick my butt each and EVERY time we run together. SO MOM- I know you can do it! hahaha!
My leg of the race:
2- Leg #
6.7 miles Hard
3 miles Easy
3.3 miles Easy
total=13 miles
I guess the training begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment