Monday, October 19, 2009

New home

Do you know how hard it is to find a place to rent? WOW! Its been years since Ive rented( okay there was the stint when I was single but I was renting from friends) and so this adventure of looking EVERY day for the last month and a half was STRESSFUL! I would find things I liked but the price would be too high. Then there was the neighborhood to consider- will it have kids for Elijiah to play with, is it safe-DO THEY ALLOW PETS? etc etc. Over the last few weeks I really stepped up the looking game....looking EVERYWHERE from Draper to Bountiful. To be honest I really wanted to stay close to where we are or go back to the place where I rented when single. And GUESS what? I found the most adorable townhouse in Holladay ever. I called on it the SAME day it was listed, and went and saw it that night. Much to my surprise I was there along with 4 other people to look. I was heartbroken to find out that we werent selected.
I looked at a place right up the street from Westminster( where Jonathan is at school) only it wasnt right. Too small, old....not updated- it just didnt FEEL right. Then there was another condo in Millcreek. NOT - felt like an apartment and I didnt like the location- no kids. Then on an off chance I decided to call on a place in Draper- well I have to say I immediately liked the location as its right next to a school and park...in amongst a neighborhood...and is newer, and very nice. Jonathan and I felt like we were interviewing for a job, and wanted to shout "pick us pick us!!". Especially knowing that finding something in our price range we are competing with SO MANY people! We wont like the additional commute time, but finding something we can call home for the next year or so until we can buy again- this is the place---Im happy to be in one spot where we know we will stay for a while. No more moving for us - 3x in one year is plenty!
We sign the lease this weekend!

2 comments:

Casey said...

K, so details!!!! Did you finally sell your house? So excited for you--this looks darling! You will be closer to me:}

Emily said...

That's great! What's the deal with your house? Did you sell it? MOVING IS THE WORST. I'm right there with ya . . . :)

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett