I read something a little while ago that makes me believe in miracles. We have had some small happiness ourselves this past week.
-Ive gone 5 days without a headache. Ive stopped taking medication that was making me feel sick...my appetite has returned, there is joy again in life ( amazing when you are ill how the outlook can be dim)
-Tristan doesnt have shark teeth, but rather just horrible white things( cankers ?) behind his front teeth
-We had a relaxing weekend that was MUCH needed
-We will be moving( not fun) back to our old house in about a week. This alone has made me ponder on the last 6 months of living with my mother and step father how the time has gone by so quickly. And also reflect on the fact that I will miss them and this time a great deal. All of us were always so busy.... There were few times where we did things but for the most part it was just passing by and perhaps sharing a meal here and there. They watched the kids for us on occasion so we could have a date night once and a while....but more than anything it was giving us the opportunity to have choices in our life. What we started out planning for and where we are now, are polar opposite, but for the first time, I really feel peaceful about the direction. Not that it will be an easy road, but one that is best for us.
-So grateful I have been for Jonathan and his ability to keep going inspite of my ongoing struggles. Tristans ongoing sicknesses....and the life that we have. Because while we love every second, neither he nor I realized how hard it can be. We think all the time about what might have been had we met years prior, but in the end we both realize that we wouldnt change a thing.
-I had a good night with Elijiah last night. Something that usually is rare and far between. He is a moody child, often going from sweet and kind to mean, or grouchy. But last night we wrestled, played, tickled and had lots of cuddling. Its been hard on him with Tristan being SO demanding not only of my time but physically. Tristan doesnt like ANYONE else to sit next to, hug, or be close to me. He screams anytime I pay attention to someone other than him and so Elijiah has felt left out. I make special time to be with just him, and like last night it was great. I miss my one on one time with Elijiah. For most of his first 4 years it was just the two of us.( khory was gone a great deal) and then he had to adjust to Jonathan and a new baby very quickly. Hes done a great job, but I have to remember he needs me too. Last night was fun.
-Im still working on putting together my past years blog book. But I realize that even though Im blogged out...tired of worrying about documenting all the details of our lives and posting pictures, when I see the book, and how it turns out to be the journal of all of us, it continues to motivate me to keep blogging. So last but not least, my thoughts this morning ran its course to the blog...how grateful I am for blogging. It has allowed me to share the good, bad and ugly, but more importantly reflect upon the changes of our family and always be amazed at, and grateful for- the simple things in life.
1 comment:
Great post. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment