I can say a few things about my job on this here blog right?? I do like many things about it. One of those things is being a part of a small HR team that makes decisions as to what we do as a company, and how we support the community. Last year we did a backback drive. Now Disney as a whole does this, but doesnt tell us where we have to donate to, thats for us to decide. Being that time of year again we participated in the event and overall had a great time in doing it. Naturally the filling of the packs came to us "girls" but what can you expect of a company 99% of men huh?

I told Katie to turn around otherwise I get a butt shot of her...but she remained turned....sooo what I am to do??!!!

Here we all are doing our best to fill 30 packs as we had to deliver them later that same day...needless to say it was a good time.

After we delivered the backpacks we got a tour of the school ( its a k-3) school primarily serving the Hispanic community and ESL population at night to help them learn English. Its a wonderful outreach school with many needs. While it was a small donation in the grand scheme of things, it still felt good that we as a company and as individuals did something that was meaningful and appreciated.

This is the computer lab/ library. All of the computers were donated by a grant and it incredible to see that these kids get access to top of the line technology as their "east" side students. To much inequality to start out with and these things really help. Anyway it was a fun day ( well several weeks of collecting donations, but a day to get everything together and delivered) and it was well worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment