What a week!
These are the weeks that I wonder if Jonathan and I will truly go mad. Migraine after migraine, and Tristan up with fever for 4 nights in a row, plus he stopped eating after the 2nd day- talk about FUN at the bechtold house! We were initially thinking it was him just teething again, but after he stopped eating, we realized that we might have another bout of thrush. But on the 3rd day I noticed cankers developing in his mouth and he was in terrible pain, so much that day care called and told me he was inconsolable and had to be picked up. Add a sick child to my already drained and sick state, it was a bad combo. Ive been missing a bit of work running around to physical therapy and seeing neurologists this week and the last thing we needed was for Tristan to be really ill. The other night Jonathan and I decided we needed to take him to urgent care and we were told there was a kids care at Mckay Dee hospital. So we packed up and head out. Much to our astonishment when we get there we were told that though they are "urgent care clinic" its an appointment only. So much for that. So another sleepless night and I took him to the doctor the next day. HOLY MOLY! Some clinical name but was told he had some summer virus that was contagious but there was no medication for,( other than swish his mouth with mylanta) but it wasnt thrush it was the cankers. POOR kid. Hes been eating yogurt and thats about it for two days now. Well after the worst migraine attack last night where I literally thought I was going to die, I am feeling better. I dont think I have ever likened a migraine to giving birth before on the pain scale and I did last night. At least when you give birth you know the pain will at some point end. But after 16 hours of pain- horrible crawl out of my skin pain, I didnt think I could stand it anymore I took my medication( I didnt want to as the dr. told me that I am now getting rebounds from the meds I am taking and that I should try and not take anything for 2 weeks. I laughed when he said that, but told him I would try. So I tried....and failed) because within 20 minutes of taking the meds I was pain free. Pure Bliss. Next week I get to have injections in my head---and for once Im excited. To think something is being done and I might have some relief is a miracle.
Jonathan gave me a blessing and I so appreciated it. It gives me strength when I think about what was said. On another note, I think Tristan is doing better, his fever finally broke and while his mouth is still in sad shape, he ate with a vengeance this morning. And that is good news. Today is Friday - and I cant tell you how excited I am to be done with this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment