Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Year old stats

Tristan had his year old appointment yesterday...and I gave the duty to Jonathan....between the last few weeks its a wonder I have a job...funeral, sick days etc I dont think Ive put in a full week of work, and I had Elijiahs dentist appointment to deal with as well...Jonathan was a good sport but I could tell as I met him outside the doctors office for the swap out, that he was traumatized( Jonathan that is). 5 shots and poor Tristan wasnt doing so hot either. Jonathan remarked that the pediatrician let him know that they are recommending keeping kids rear facing in car seats until they are 2 now days....Im a little annoyed after all we have been just waiting, counting down the days until Bugs turned one so we could flip the dang thing around...but we are good parents doing what we are told. So poor child will continue to have his little legs all squished up --bent like in the car for another year. Sorry kid! Does make me wonder if he will eventually push himself loose....he does hate the carseat as it is, and when he gets mad...boy watch out- he can loosen that carseat up by pushing on the back of the seat mighty fierce!!
So the stats on the growing boy is that hes lost a bit of weight in comparison to his height but continues to get taller with each appointment..
Height: 33.2 Inches
Weight: 25.94 Pounds

6 comments:

Emily said...

Rear facing until two years old? You've got to be kidding! Sorry, I can't do it! I'll e turning Dallin around on his first birthday! We already have a forward facing car seat waiting for him!

garian said...

Rear facing till 2? Weird. They just don't fit that way anymore at age 1. I think that's silly.

bechtold clan said...

I know!! I wonder how long Ill keep him rear facing...its quite a pain!

Kristen said...

HE is just getting his leg presses in each time he rides in the car, I wish I did!

raegan said...

doctors don't know everything. I couldn't do the backwards til 2. I think til 1 is hard enough. I really think a lot of the problems in the car is because they want to see what is going on.

CrackTheAnomaly said...

Sorry ladies, but here's the scoop:

"New research indicates that toddlers are more than five times safer riding rear-facing in a car safety seat up to their second birthday."

Our doc said that research shows that if an accident occurs, the numbers of kids that receive life threatening injuries are 5 times lower when the car seat is rear facing until 2.

However, I as a child never sat in a car seat...

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett