Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Try as I might...

I just cant do it. I mean I do try. To keep it light that is. But our lives - what is it about it that makes it impossible? Okay it isnt so bad...but I keep it real. We had so much fun( or I did) last Friday. As I was driving to pick Tristan up from Daycare I call Jonathan and ask him if we could go to the Tulip Festival- it wasnt raining as predicted and it might be the only time we could swing it. He agreed and I totally enjoyed myself. Tristan got to run around be totally enthralled with the water and baby geese, flowers and roll around on the grass. We made a quick stop to Jonathans moms house so she could see Tristan and drove home. Saturday was a busy day of studying for Jonathan and a family babyshower but what the kicker for us was the Tristan came down with a mysterious 24 hour sickness. Sunday- I got to chill with my favorite girls for brunch before church!! Yea!! Abbie moved back from Chicago and this was the first time I got to see her since shes been back. So those that are here( sorry Ali- shes in AZ) had a great time catching up.
Now this is where we, as a Bechtold family, are falling apart(not really)...Jonathans week is crazy...he will be flying out to CA for a work deposition for two days...he has a final on Wed, Tristan was up a good part of Monday night ( not sick- just deciding he didnt want to sleep) I ended up with a terrible headache, our renters are not working out. Kate, my good friend moved into our house with 3 other guy friends of HERS. There have been neighbor calls to us. They are partying. Kate calls me on several occasions...things are not going well. She calls Sunday to say that shes moving out if they dont. Can I please evict them. Technically they have a 6 month lease. But I cant have her leave and they stay. So the plan is that I will get next months rent and then go over to the house, and talk with the guys and just ask them nicely to leave, explain the neighbor complaints, things arnt working out and give them 30 days. One lost his job, the other wants to move to San Diego...so Im hoping for the best, and they will leave without too much fuss and will leave the house in good condition. However what a mess. After much deliberation we have decided to offer the house to Kate at a reduced price if she can find female roommates in the next month, but if not we will just move back to our house. Our plan of moving out, to save money to build the garage and needed outside improvements will have not been materialized in the 2 1/2 months of being gone, but- the hassle of renting and dealing with the moving our family from one place to another( as my mothers place was only a temp situation, we were going to have to move from here in a few months anyway) we decided to just move back to our house and make the best of a bad situation. It may take a bit longer to do what we need to on the house, and we may be in the home longer than we want, but we will be okay.
Now hows that for a Tuesday morning vent!!??

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow. What a mess! I'm sorry to hear about your renters. What a nightmare! So you're moving back into your house?

And what is this family baby shower for you all about? Like you attended one, or it was FOR YOU?

Did I miss something along the way? :)

bechtold clan said...

Sorry - my rambling didnt make much sense did it? Nah - the baby shower - it was for a family member...

Emily said...

Ah, that's what I thought. But I just wanted to make sure . . . ;)

Casey said...

Sorry you are stressing:{ Hopefully things will get better.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett