Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Longest photo post in history?
It all started with a rip in the pool liner last year and it was determined that a new one was needed this year. Well the pool company was going to charge 1500$ in labor to haul the old liner out, clean the pool, and reinstall the liner. Well being the industrious family that we are, we all decided we could save the money and do it ourselves. So we had to wait for a day that it reached over 60 degrees so the liner could heat up and so it was this past sunday. We were all ready as can be as it was going to take all 4 of us to do it( I was just planning on being an observer and help where needed - afterall what could I possibly do with a 1 year old to take care of??) Well as soon as Layne lifted the pool liner box his back went out...NOT kidding. So a four man job- we were down to 3. So I now had to be fully engaged in this project and our fearless leader was out of commission. And what a job for Jonathan. He was such a good sport and as we stretched and labored, while I ran back and forth between everyone running Elijiah to church( for heavens to betsy he miss a week!) and deal with a screaming Tristan, Mom lying flat as pancake holding the hundreds of pounds liner for hours at a time, while Jonathan painstakingly put the liner in inch by inch...it was done. We are all sore, blistered, sunburned and happy the job is done. Here are some photos of the newly completed job. See all those ripples? Gone. Mom and Layne had to get in and smooth them out, every inch is perfection. It looks lovely doesnt it? Its been a true labor of Love!!


Fun stuff I tell you!! Afterwards I got the boys outside in the beautiful sunshine and took some photos of them playing. What is it about boys and cardboard boxes? They were adorable!
That little cut out is Flat Adam. My sister Raegans sons has a project at school where we have to photograph him with us in various locations- SO we are attempting to do our best with taking Flat Adam with us....SEE Raegan? Were trying!!





Now Tristan saw that Elijiah was very mobile with his box and no longer was he content to just sit in his and pretend it was a car...oh no..he wanted to get out and push his......
So I relented. ( and for the record we dont normally dress Tristan in clothes that are unmatching and are too small- it was a work day!)
And off he goes.
I did turn him the other direction however- he was getting a little close to the empty pool for my liking.



Some brotherly love...or is that Elijiah taking his box away? You never can tell.
Now here comes the big boy. Now look at that belly. We called him the buddah belly when he was a baby. It didnt ever go away.
I said that to him as he passed by- and now hes sucking it in....
My sweet sweet child....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage
Noel
Tristan
Jett
No comments:
Post a Comment