Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy BIRTHDAY TRISTAN!!!

1 year old already!! We cant believe it! For our Bugs we decided to go all out! An ANIMALS on the FARM theme it was to be for you this year...to carry on the tradion of homemade cake and some sort of theme, we thought this would be perfect.

Jonathan and I worked till the wee hours decorating and wanted to make sure Tristan had his own cake so while the rest of us had the cupcakes- he got his very own BARN!!!

Jonathan did these very cute chicks....I think they are master pieces myself! Honey you really are amazing!!
I did the pigs...in comparison to the chicks they arent anything special...but they look cute right?!
Now here is where Jonathans pastry skills come into play...I had a pretty basic sheet cake barn in mind..but Jonathan had other plans. As you can see- the perfect size for Tristan.

All together and we have a nice FARM!! In the background we made a flower bed, and a sun. Fun fun!!!
Guests have arrived and the fun begins!
Elijiah was so excited that Syliah was over to play- I think he gets a little bored with just the adults around all the time.
Jonathan was starving...all that hard work on the cake!

Now Tristan got a little shy with all the attention on him when we started to sing happy birthday...
He didnt know what to do...the cake was approaching...
He gently puts his fingers into the green grass like frosting and takes a lick...YUMMY....

He never did go crazy but he did enjoy the mess!!!
He was a bit thirsty towards the end....afterall- it was a lot of frosting!!!
Two peas in a pod.....

Again what fun...we had a great time opening some gifts, hanging out, eating and celebrating Bugs first birthday! Thanks again everyone!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, you have too much time on your hands! :) WAY TOO CUTE! And, I'm going to be honest here, my little guy is getting a plain old chocolate cake. Nothing fancy.

I feel better now that I confessed that.

garian said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Tristan.
What a cute theme. You guys did a really great job, I'm impressed!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett