Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Grandmas Funeral

Im still getting around to collecting photos of my grandmother and putting together on paper if you will her life story. Im very excited to do that and anxious to share. However the easy part is sharing some of the funeral and the photos...its kinda weird to say that the funeral was so much fun but it was. While there was some sadness to it....remembering our grandmother and the remarkable woman she was- she left an incredible legacy. We dont often get together as our family is all over the country and so we had an wonderful opportunity to catch up and spend some time together. These pictures are a little backwards...bummer really so you are seeing things from the end to the beginning.
On our way home we got stuck in Montana. The weather was so bad that they shut the freeways down and we had to spend an extra night in a hotel. I was very upset. I was already feeling very anxious from being away from the boys for so long and to add another night was excruciating....I was done from being in the same clothes for two days and since I was the only NON-couple in the group I had the lovely FLOOR for the night. Made the best of it.
Here are the happy couples...glad they all had beds!!!
Mom, Uncle Peter, Aunt Ann, Uncle Rick, Uncle Robert- Bennee Legacy Family that attended the funeral
Several snap shots while around the house prior to the funeral in the am...
See didnt load in order....GRR...This is the shot of all the cousins.
Here we are practicing for a song that the grandkids were going to sing at the funeral. I was not happy to be singing again in church. However it was lovely in the end.
Michelle and I. I love this woman.
Trying to catch Lindsay as she runs from the room. She was pretty fast.
Doug and Layne in deep discussion.
Dougs kids
Stella and Matt-- and Stells oldest. Doug and family
Cousin Jordan
Mom, Cousin Annie and Roxanne
My sis Raegan and our Cousin Jason
My uncle Robert , his kids and grandkids.
Cousins Stella and Jordan and Raegans little one Ian
Uncle Robert...So dashing!!!
Again couldnt have had a better time catching up with everyone and being there to celebrate the life of our beloved Grandmother. We will miss her and always love her.

1 comment:

Casey said...

So glad you got back safe--can't wait to see you next week:}

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett