Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend Warriors

Isnt he cute!


I posted this as its rare that my hair is straight...I got pampered( a new cut and color) and wanted to remember what it looks like.

His first bath!
Okay so while its Tuesday I couldnt let the week go by without some documentation of our weekend. We didnt have Elijiah and had planned to celebrate our anniversary this past weekend...so we decided we could brave an early dinner out saturday. Now understand that with Tristans lovely sleeping ( not much) we were a bit concerned how long we would be able to enjoy our dinner but we had to try. So we did a 5 pm dinner and Tristan lasted just long enough to finish our main dish...no desert for us! He started to cry and become agitated, so we quickly paid the bill and came home. However I must mention that Jonathan and I decided long ago not to buy eachother presents. Well what does Jonathan do? Buys me a gift. Not just any gift but a beautiful new watch that I had my eye on for a long time. He totally surprised me and it was great. Just another example of how he often does the unexpected and is always thinking of me. I really dont know what I did to land this incredible guy. Its not the gift, but its the attention to detail. See about a year ago we were shopping at Costco and I showed him a watch that I liked... and we realized that the cost for the watches we both liked were way out of our league. However a few months ago Jonathan got a bonus from work and I told him he needed to buy something for himself. So he purchased a watch- which was great as he had wanted one for a long time. Anyway this past weekend he gave me not the exact watch we had seen before, but one just like it... I guess he had been saving over the past year to purchase this item for me. I was so touched and speechless- really- and that doesnt happen too often! I absolutely love it!
It was a great weekend....lots of time to hang out together with our little guy. While we are exhausted and totally spent, Ive never been happier and I know how blessed my life is.
( I just re-read this and I cant believe my grammer--however I am too tired to do any editing or changes --sorry !)

3 comments:

dterryphotography said...

Ah, cute.... :-)

(the hair AND the baby)

Casey said...

What a sweet story. Can't wait to see your watch:) Your hair looks sooooo cute!

Jaynann said...

What a sweet and thoughtful husband. It means so much more when that much thought and saving and detail goes into it.

Beautiful locks too!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett