WOW last night was a winner...I went to bed at 8pm as I was starting to get a migraine from the lack of sleep, and needed to have at least 3-4 consecutive hours of sleep or I was going to be in a lot trouble the next day. Jonathan did the shift until 12-1am and when he came to bed Tristan still wasnt settled or sleeping. I did my best to cuddle him but to no avail - he wasnt going to sleep. I was up and between the hysterical fits of crying for the next hour I did finally get him to sleep by 2am. I laid him in the bassinet next to us and enjoyed a blissful cat nap till 2:30am when he woke up and started to cry again. I feed him, changed him and attempted again to comfort him near tears myself. I thought on more than one occassion that I would truely fall over on my feet from exhuastion, or wondered if it were possible to fall asleep standing up...for you cant sit and rock Tristan - you have to be up moving...
Anyway 4:30-came 4:45am and he was calming down. 5am and he was asleep. I decided the bedroom was off limits (I want Jonathan to sleep) so I put him on the couch and tried to get comfortable with him and sleep myself. Yea! We slept till 7am. While I am tired, I count my blessings I got that consecutive few hours earlier as now both kids are awake and a new day is just starting- yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Right from the first day home from the hospital, our first child slept through the night. It was only rarely that we had to get up and change her or feed her.
Needless to say, she totally screwed up our expectations. None of the other three were like that at all!
Now get off the computer and get some sleep, would ya?!? :-)
Man, that is horrible. I am so sorry you aren't getting any sleep. I don't know how you are functioning. If you want to bring them over here so you can get a break and sleep, you are welcome to. :) Serious.
Post a Comment