Honestly folks, I don't know how Amber does it. Over the last couple days, I noticed that Amber's health and sanity was declining due to lack of consecutive hours of sleep. As such, I decided to play the hero and see if I could do something that would allow her to sleep for 5 or 6 hours.
Yesterday started at 7 with me chillin' with Tristan on the couch for an hour, feeding him for an hour, then passing him off to Amber at around 9:00AM. I then worked until 5 then ran to class until 10:00. When I got home Amber had little man in his basinet in our room so I sat in the living room studying until I heard him start to stir on the baby monitor. I got him up, forced some baby-zantac into his belly then tried to feed him. He dorked around with the bottle for about 30 minutes before I realized that all he was going to do at that point was fill his mouth with white gold (Nutramigen is EXPENSIVE) then let it dribble all over his PJs so I went and changed a poopy diaper then stood rocking back and forth with him for about an hour until he APPEARED to start falling asleep.
He was NOT asleep however so at about 12:30AM I tried feeding him again and gratefully most of it went into his belly. By the time he was finished with the bottle it was about a quarter after 1:00 and at this point I would typically wait until he seemed to be dozing off then put him in his basinet and go to bed. HOWEVER, I wanted to make sure that he really was asleep so I kept him out in the living room with me. The next two-and-a-half hours were REALLY interesting!! They consisted of me rocking him standing until my upper back felt like it was being injected with molten steel, rocking him sitting until he started flailing his arms and legs so voraciously I thought he might be having a seizure, rocking him in the rocking chair, wrapping him tight in his blanket, completely removing the blanket, bouncing him in his bouncy seat, changing a REALLY wet diaper (and PJs because he somehow fired his hose through the diaper all over himself), holding him this way, holding him that way, laying him on the couch on his back, on his side, on his belly, and finally authoritatively telling him that as the boss of the house, he needed to sleep... At about 3:00AM, on the verge of losing my marbles and passing him off to my sleeping wife, he suddenly zonked out. I put him in his basinet, crawled into bed and died.
Thankfully he slept until 5:00AM so Amber was able to get about 8 hours consecutive sleep but the experience really showed me how strong my amazing wife is. Honey, I don't know if I can do what I did last night EVERY night but I am going to try my hardest to give you that kind of break as much as humanly possible.
Babygirl, you're tough as nails!!!!
2 comments:
Jonathan - you have to make sure after you change his diaper you push his hose down. That usually helps with the wetting all over himself! :)
It's good to hear when a man appreciates a mother's efforts! Remember this is about 2 weeks!!!
Monica
I meant Remember this IN about 2 weeks!
Post a Comment