
or the link....to view larger ( honored to be on her portfolio )
http://carbonbased.biz/jvave.htm
Ok, so as we were headed back from our trip to canada we stopped off at my aunts to stay the night. Well she has this wonderful collection of old photos on her fridge of family and I noticed there was one picture of my friend Jenna and I back when we were 16 and 17 years old. We were posing with my uncle ed. I got a good chuckle out of the photo and I honestly didnt remember having taken it. With being pregnant now, thinking back to when I was pregnant with Elijiah I cant help but think of this show( Jenna's debut ) She was graduating from Fashion Design school and this was the big show of all the students. It was a huge production, I flew in from Utah, and one of the makeup artists that was working on me was someone that I had worked with in the past- it was fun to catch up. When Jenna asked me to be a part of her final project it was going to be a bit of a challenge...she was designing outfits for each model, and obviously I was the only one flying in, so she had to complete my outfit kinda last minute.( See above on runway- Jenna literally put everything together in 2 days for me to wear this- true talent) The kicker was I was pregnant with Elijiah and didnt know how big I was going to get( lucky I was only about 4 months along and I didnt show a ton yet...) So I arrive in SF the weekend of the show or I should say a few days before hand and did an array of fittings for her. She obviously had to expand the waist line on the pant suit she designed but I was pleased to be a part of this wonderful day for her and honored she asked me. Jenna and I were as close as sisters. We often got called that as well. She and I were and are kindred spirits and I have always been grateful for her friendship. We were tight as thieves for many years and while its been hard since we live on opposite ends of the coast, I know she is always there. Jenna is a smashing design success now in NY and living her dream.......
No comments:
Post a Comment