A week ago today Jett became a part of our family. I don’t know what it is about new babies, but it’s a magical time. Veil is thin, and time stands still. Despite all the pain…and yes my labor could have been worse ( but it could have been better) and during the process I wondered why I would ever do it again, or have done it 4 times…but as everyone knows…its all worth it. I still stand by my feeling that our family is complete now, its just hard to think about no more babies.
Jett Devenney Bechtold was induced November 19, 2012. After 5 hours of labor he was born 8:02 pm, 7lbs 5 oz, and 21 inches long. He is beautiful. Already we have our fingers crossed that he wont have colic. By now Tristan hadn’t had much success with sleeping, had a cold, and was fussy and crying a ton. Jett sleeps well, eats well, and is very mellow. Jonathan commented that hes still in awe. I told him this is what it should be like
My mother was with me and Jonathan during the delivery….it was incredibly nice to have her there. Fitting as she was there with my first, and now my last. I have so many emotions over this journey, and Jetts arrival which I will keep in my private journal, but I had to document to some degree this monumental event. Jett continues to amaze me and being a new mother always is humbling. I cant imagine doing this without Jonathan as he is an incredible father. So eager to help, contribute, be there in whatever way he can, and support both me and the kids- I am so lucky.











No comments:
Post a Comment