Happy DOUBLE DIGITS Elijiah!
10 years I cant hardly believe how fast these last few years have flown by. Seriously…you have less time with me on this side then before( till your out and grown at 18) so Ive been pretty sad thinking about that…however what to do…just enjoy these next 8 years and hopefully not think too much about it!
Lets see where to be begin? This past year has been a good one…we moved one last time ( I PROMISE) you have settled into our new house well, made a couple of friends, did another year of soccer which you did awesome, skied all last winter and finished up 3rd grade at Rosecrest. You did so well in fact that all the administration at the school with your dad and I discussed what to do with you. Skip 4th grade, move you up for math and reading? So many decisions we had to come up with for school…ultimately we moved you back to Lourdes and so far you are doing great. You miss the lax public school schedule, and free dress, but you are challenged and have been welcomed back with open arms…so far you have continued your straight A avg! Piano and basketball this winter along with skiing so in all you tend to stay pretty busy! Your addiction to books is hard to keep up with…literally you can go through a book a day. And we aren’t talking about short books…no- Harry Potter length. Right now all that you want for Christmas is books or cash to buy books which makes things easy but whats hard is trying to find books that are challenging enough for you to enjoy reading but don’t have the content which is to old for ya…
You were excited to hear when we told you we were going to have another baby…this time around I think it will be good..you are definitely older and hopefully be a great helper! You continue to have a love/hate relationship with Tristan- he follows you around and wants to do all that you do…at times you guys play really well and other times, well not so much. But it always warms my heart to see you two together
We moved you out of your own room so that Jett would have his own bedroom. You and Tristan are now sharing and its actually working out well. You have plenty of room for your stuff and so I don’t think its going to be a big deal. A few more years and then we will switch you back, but for now…
Thank you Elijiah for being so amazing. You are still a stinker at times, but likewise I absolutely love spending time with you. You are smart, hardworking, loving, kind to others, sensitive, and I can see a the young man you are becoming. I am so grateful to be your mother and I look forward to what year “10” brings to you!!! Happy happy birthday!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment