Friday, February 4, 2011

Pregnancy ramblings

As this is our last baby and pregnancy I promised Jonathan that this time around I would embrace everything that came with it, negative and positive! I think the pregnancy with Tristan was especially challenging for us as we were dealing with a host of other things besides just the normal stuff. I was incredibly depressed, incredibly sick so I didn’t enjoy any of it.

I am surprised but already this pregnancy is a bit different from the other 3. How so you may wonder? All I can say is that even though Im nauseous, I haven’t thrown up once! And the sick feeling that I have usually comes and goes its not a constant companion. I’m in shock as with the others from the moment the pregnancy test was positive I was throwing up day and night( so much so that after Noel I got my first couple of cavities, and after Elijiah I had 10!) So I fully expected to be hovering over the toilet right away. In my attempt to thwart any potential problems I immediately began to take Zofran. However the side effects are not pleasant so I stopped taking them for a few days expecting the worse. HOWEVER this is what surprised me….I was slightly ill throughout the day, but never got sick….SO Ive stopped taking it daily. I’m full blown into what would normally be my 2nd of 5 months of throwing up- and nothing. I suppose I should knock on wood. Really…I can just see it the moment I post this the next day I’ll be retracting each word.

“sigh”

Counting my blessings. Jonathan said “ it must be a girl then” but I have to remind him of Noel. My darling little petite baby girl that because of her mother being so ill and only gaining a modest 17 pounds and eating nothing much besides Malt o Meal hot cereal….weighed in a small 6lbs…so my lack of being sick to me isn’t indicating a possible baby girl.( we can just cross our fingers  )

Well just thought I would start recording a few of the thoughts and “goings on” with this pregnancy…happy FRIDAY!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett