
So the last few days Ive made some really fun discoveries with my family history. Having NEVER done it before I figured I should take advantage of my company’s site which is free to me, to plug in some information. I started with information that I knew, then what was so cool is that the site gave me Ancestry “hints” about those I entered. Some of those hints lead to new information, new relatives that I didn’t have full information or any information on at all! I’ve been working on my Dads line- and so far I’ve got details that are fascinating. I can see how doing genealogy can be addictive. Just having access to the Census records are awesome ( here is my plug for you all to do your census data in the future!) …anyway so viewing census data on family members can reveal more than you would think. I now know the occupations of family members, maiden names, where and when people immigrated, which generation did spelling changes, age of marriages, divorces…etc.
My goal over time would be to help do each of my childrens lines as Elijiah has a whole side of his family history still in East Africa, and to gather information for him would be very cool. I also want to see how far I can go back on either of my parents side and have all the information in one place. I think that’s one of the coolest things about what Im doing. Having it all in one document!
No comments:
Post a Comment